As you may have noticed we have been unable to publish our newsletter, nor hold our Fall and Spring Meetings since the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic. This situation, coupled with a declining membership and a lack of volunteers to fill open Board Director positions, prompted a special Board Meeting to consider the future of the Organization. At that meeting and after much discussion the Board decided to take steps to formally close the Honeywell / AlliedSignal Retirees Organization per the bylaws of the organization.
Since we have no plans to solicit 2021 membership fees we will distribute our remaining assets of approximately $2,000.00 in accordance with our Bylaws: "to a non-profit fund, foundation, or corporation which is organized and operated for charitable, scientific, literary, educational or cultural purposes and which has established its tax-exempt status under Section 501 (c) (4) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1968"... Suggestions for distribution of assets may be emailed to our email address: email@example.com
The Board has decided to keep the H/AREA website, http://www.hon-area.org, up and running until at least 2023. In addition, the Facebook group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/HAREA will continue and will remain open for new members. To join this group, you will need to have a Facebook account and you will be asked which Honeywell or AlliedSignal location you worked for and for what time period. There is no cost to join the Facebook group.
While the decision to close our retirees organization is unfortunate, it is unavoidable. We hope you take advantage of the Facebook group to maintain contact with ex-colleagues.
H/AREA Board of Directors
Keep up on the latest news releases and articles on Honeywell and its employees by clicking here: Honeywell in the News.
* * * * *
The Home Page has been set up as a path or link to information. By double clicking the mouse on any underlined item, you will be transferred to another page containing additional information.
* * * * *
- Compiled for H/AREA
by Maurice Monti
- Honeywell International's
website for retirees
- Discount Program for
Active.com, Becoming Human, Best Dog, Books, bored.com, BrainPop, Classmates, The Complaint Station, Crafts, Cross Country Ski Assoc., Commentary, Free Courses, Digital TV (DTV) Transition, Do-It-Yourself Projects, Holidays, EarthCam, Electoral College, Encarta Encyclodpedia, Financial Organization, Food, Games, Gardening, Genealogy, Global Warming, HomeSpot, iKnowthat, Inquiry.net, Internet Archive, Jotti, Merriam-Webster, Meetings.io, Mint, Movies; NJ Transit, Nextdoor, No Thanks to Catalogs, Olympic Games, Pixlr, Photo Secrets, Quality Stuffed Animals, RepairClinic, Santa's secret Village, Scams, SeniorArk.com, Sightseer's Guide to Engineering, Songza, Spoonful, Swizzle, TaskRabbit, TV Shows, Toys for Tots, Tunein, Unclaimed Money, Vocabulary, What's That Bug?, What Was There?, WhichBooks, Yelp
- food & barbecuing, garden railways, bridge, pets, astronomy
- security, country home pages, cruises, foreign currencies, hotels, maps, airlines, timeshares, travel agents, travel planning, weather, rail travel, misc. travel info, airborne adventures
Obituaries of Honeywell employees
- H/AREA Volunteers, Canal Society of NJ, EPA Volunteering, The Prometheus Program, Honeywell Retiree Volunteer Program
- Ben's Guide, CIA, Commerce, Consumer Info, Consumer Protection,EPA, FBI, Federal Trade, Federal Statistics, FirstGov; Food & Drug, House, IRS, Library of Congress, NASA, NSA, NJ State Court System, Patent Office, Postal Service, Public Debt, SEC, Senate, Social Security, Supreme Court, USA.gov, White House
- State & Territorial Governments, U.S. Territories & Outlying Areas, State & Local Resources