7 tips to beat phishing scams
What is Phishing?
Phishing (pronounced fishing) is a type of identity theft. By using fraudulent websites and false emails, perpetrators attempt to steal your personal data. Phishing scams are among the most prevalent forms of cybercrime.
How to protect yourself against phishing.
The above was provided by nortonfromsymantec.com.
- Be wary of emails asking for confidential information. Legitimate organizations will never request sensitive information via email.
- Donít get pressured into providing sensitive information. Phishers use scare tactics, and may threaten to disable an account or delay services. Contact the company directly to confirm the authenticity of the request.
- Watch out for generic-looking requests. Some phishing emails may come from a bank with which you donít have an account. Donít respond, just delete the email.
- Never submit confidential information via forms embedded within email messages.
- Never use links in an email to connect to a website. Instead, open a new browser window and type the URL directly into the address bar.
- Maintain effective software to combat phishing.
The President's Report column has been updated. The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: President's Report.
H/AREA Board Member Jim Stevenson has written the current Money Matters column. The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: Money Matters. Jim also offers cartoons and captions. The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: Cartoons .
H/AREA Board Member Otto Frank has updated the column "Did You Know?" The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: Did You Know?.
H/AREA Board Member Kundan Patel continues to update the column called Honeywell Financials. The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: Honeywell Financials.
Keep up on the latest news releases and articles on Honeywell and its employees by clicking here: Honeywell in the News.
* * * * *
The Home Page has been set up as a path or link to information. By double clicking the mouse on any underlined item, you will be transferred to another page containing additional information.
* * * * *
We're adding more names to our Internet Directory Listing. Click on Directory to see Who's Who. You will need a User ID and Password to enter the Directory. The User ID and Password are published in the H/AREA Newsletter, print edition. If you are a Honeywell or AlliedSignal or affiliated retiree, click on Directory Application to add your name to the directory.
Home Page Editor
* * * * * * * *
Changes for the month of January are in Green. We hope that this will help you to spot changes to the page.
Tell us what you think of the H/AREA Home Page by clicking here: Comments. We'd love to hear from you.
This home page is for all Honeywell, AlliedSignal, Bendix Corporation, and Signal Company retirees, their friends and associates.
If you have any items or sites that you think should be included and would be useful or of interest to H/AREA members please let us know. Your comments are valued.
We wish to thank Tony Abbate, Wayne Anderson, Reed Belden, Jack Belles, Lew Bohn, Stuart Bollen, Bill Ficken, Otto Frank, Jim Himich, Aaron Jackson, Ted Largman, Larry Loeffler, Paul Makus, Chuck Mathias, Harry Moreines, Maurice Monti, Erwin Naumann, Irwin Norman, Samy Palanisamy, Marty Paskoff, Kundan Patel, John Robertson, Les Schlanger, Paul Shellenberger, George Siegel, Jim Stevenson, William Thornton, Fred Vodde, Lloyd Wilky,and Steve Wolfson for their important contributions.
Perry L. Anderson
James S. Himich, Jr.
Perry L. Anderson
- Written by H/AREA
- Compiled for H/AREA
by Maurice Monti
- Written by H/AREA Member
- Honeywell International's
website for retirees
- Discount Program for
- Written by H/AREA Member
- economics; general business; income taxes; investments; internet shopping; comparison shopping; cameras, computers & electronics; department & specialty stores; freebees; vintage recordings; tour companies; museums, PAC & theaters; stamps & coins; airlines; real estate; business advice; Photo-Share; OnLine Matches
- Viruses, Protection, Spam, "Never" Rules, Cookies, The List, Linux, Programming, Security, Search Engines, Hardware,
Evolving Technology, Technical Support, Training, Miscellaneous
- Medical Opinions; General Medical; Merck Manuals; NJ Medical; NY Medical; Find Doctors & Hospitals; Sr. Medical; Travel Medicine; Personal Trainers; Cancer; Contagious & Infectious Diseases; Heart; Urology; Flu; Allergy; Arthritis; Eye; Drugs & Medicine; Miscellaneous Health URLs; Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, Medigap; Medical Schools; Cybershrinks; Self-Help; Acupuncture; Holistic Health Care; Quacks; Telephone/Web Sources; Importance of Sleep; NE & Mid Atlantic Medical; Diabetes; Depression; Drug Rehab; RSD Treatment; Patient Health Care Decisions
- Magazines, Newspapers, References, Cartoons/Humor, Sports News
Active.com, Becoming Human, Best Dog, Books, bored.com, BrainPop, Classmates, The Complaint Station, Crafts, Cross Country Ski Assoc., Commentary, Free Courses, Digital TV (DTV) Transition, Do-It-Yourself Projects, Holidays, EarthCam, Encarta Encyclodpedia, Financial Organization, Food, Games, Gardening, Genealogy, Global Warming, HomeSpot, iKnowthat, Inquiry.net, Internet Archive, Jotti, Merriam-Webster, Meetings.io, Mint, Movies; NJ Transit, Nextdoor, No Thanks to Catalogs, Olympic Games, Pixlr, Photo Secrets, Quality Stuffed Animals, RepairClinic, Santa's secret Village, Scams, SeniorArk.com, Sightseer's Guide to Engineering, Songza, Spoonful, Swizzle, TaskRabbit, TV Shows, Toys for Tots, Tunein, Unclaimed Money, Vocabulary, What's That Bug?, What Was There?, WhichBooks, Yelp
- Honeywell Retiree Service Center, help in NJ and NY
- food & barbecuing, garden railways, bridge, pets, astronomy
- security, country home pages, cruises, foreign currencies, hotels, maps, airlines, timeshares, travel agents, travel planning, weather, rail travel, misc. travel info, airborne adventures
Obituaries of Honeywell employees
- H/AREA Volunteers, Canal Society of NJ, EPA Volunteering, The Prometheus Program, Honeywell Retiree Volunteer Program
- Ben's Guide, CIA, Commerce, Consumer Info, Consumer Protection,EPA, FBI, Federal Trade, Federal Statistics, FirstGov; Food & Drug, House, IRS, Library of Congress, NASA, NSA, NJ State Court System, Patent Office, Postal Service, Public Debt, SEC, Senate, Social Security, Supreme Court, USA.gov, White House
- State & Territorial Governments, U.S. Territories & Outlying Areas, State & Local Resources