H/AREA Member Perry Anderson presented a history of Honeywell at the H/AREA Spring General Meeting, to 26 Honeywell/AlliedSignal retirees.
In presenting Honeywell’s recent 5-year operating plan, Chairman and CEO David Cote offered a brief history of Honeywell. Mr. Cote noted that “Honeywell’s roots reach back to 1885 when an inventor named Albert Butz patented the furnace regulator and alarm and soon invented a device he called the ‘damper flapper’”. In Mr. Cote’s history, the AlliedSignal Connection did not begin before 1920.
Perry set the record straight by noting that Allied Chemical’s roots date back to 1854, and that three of the chemical companies that formed Allied Chemical and Dye in 1920 were incorporated before 1885.
The entire presentation, along with a link to Mr. Cote’s 5-Year Plan will be found in the "H/AREA General Meeting Archives" column or by clicking here: General Meeting Archives.
H/AREA Board Member Kundan Patel continues to update The President's Report column. The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: President's Report.
H/AREA Board Member Jim Stevenson supplies the current Money Matters column written by Jim Terwilliger. The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: Money Matters. Jim also offers cartoons and captions. The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: Cartoons .
H/AREA Board Member Kundan Patel continues to update the column called Honeywell Financials. The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: Honeywell Financials.
H/AREA Board Member Otto Frank continues to update the column called Did You Know. The column can be found in the right hand column or by clicking here: Did You Know.
Keep up on the latest news releases and articles on Honeywell and its employees by clicking here: Honeywell in the News.
* * * * *
The Home Page has been set up as a path or link to information. By double clicking the mouse on any underlined item, you will be transferred to another page containing additional information.
* * * * *
We're adding more names to our Internet Directory Listing. Click on Directory to see Who's Who. You will need a User ID and Password to enter the Directory. The User ID and Password are published in the H/AREA Newsletter, print edition. If you are a Honeywell or AlliedSignal or affiliated retiree, click on Directory Application to add your name to the directory.
* * * * * * * *
Changes for the month of May are in Fuchsia. We hope that this will help you to spot changes to the page.
Tell us what you think of the H/AREA Home Page by clicking here: Comments. We'd love to hear from you.
This home page is for all Honeywell, AlliedSignal, Bendix Corporation, and Signal Company retirees, their friends and associates.
If you have any items or sites that you think should be included and would be useful or of interest to H/AREA members please let us know. Your comments are valued.
We wish to thank Tony Abbate, Wayne Anderson, Reed Belden, Jack Belles, Stuart Bollen, Bill Ficken, Otto Frank, Jim Himich, Aaron Jackson, Ted Largman, Larry Loeffler, Paul Makus, Chuck Mathias, Maurice Monti, Erwin Naumann, Irwin Norman, Samy Palanisamy, Marty Paskoff, Kundan Patel, John Robertson, Les Schlanger, Paul Shellenberger, George Siegel, Jim Stevenson, Fred Vodde,and Steve Wolfson for their important contributions.
Perry L. Anderson
James S. Himich, Jr.
Perry L. Anderson
- Written by H/AREA
- Compiled for H/AREA
by Maurice Monti
- Written by H/AREA Member
- Honeywell International's
website for retirees
- Discount Program for
- Written by H/AREA Member
- economics; general business; income taxes; investments; internet shopping; comparison shopping; cameras, computers & electronics; department & specialty stores; freebees; vintage recordings; tour companies; museums, PAC & theaters; stamps & coins; airlines; real estate; business advice; Photo-Share; OnLine Matches
- Viruses, Protection, Spam, "Never" Rules, Cookies, The List, Linux, Programming, Security, Search Engines, Hardware,
Evolving Technology, Technical Support, Training, Miscellaneous
- Medical Opinions; General Medical; Merck Manuals; NJ Medical; NY Medical; Find Doctors & Hospitals; Sr. Medical; Travel Medicine; Personal Trainers; Cancer; Contagious & Infectious Diseases; Heart; Urology; Flu; Allergy; Arthritis; Eye; Drugs & Medicine; Miscellaneous Health URLs; Medicare, Medicaid, HMO, Medigap; Medical Schools; Cybershrinks; Self-Help; Acupuncture; Holistic Health Care; Quacks; Telephone/Web Sources; Importance of Sleep; NE & Mid Atlantic Medical; Diabetes; Depression; Drug Rehab; RSD Treatment; Patient Health Care Decisions
- Magazines, Newspapers, References, Cartoons/Humor, Sports News
Active.com, Becoming Human, Best Dog, Books, bored.com, BrainPop, Classmates, The Complaint Station, Crafts, Cross Country Ski Assoc., Commentary, Free Courses, Digital TV (DTV) Transition, Do-It-Yourself Projects, Holidays, EarthCam, Electoral College, Encarta Encyclodpedia, Financial Organization, Food, Games, Gardening, Genealogy, Global Warming, HomeSpot, iKnowthat, Inquiry.net, Internet Archive, Jotti, Merriam-Webster, Meetings.io, Mint, Movies; NJ Transit, Nextdoor, No Thanks to Catalogs, Olympic Games, Pixlr, Photo Secrets, Quality Stuffed Animals, RepairClinic, Santa's secret Village, Scams, SeniorArk.com, Sightseer's Guide to Engineering, Songza, Spoonful, Swizzle, TaskRabbit, TV Shows, Toys for Tots, Tunein, Unclaimed Money, Vocabulary, What's That Bug?, What Was There?, WhichBooks, Yelp
- Honeywell Retiree Service Center, help in NJ and NY
- food & barbecuing, garden railways, bridge, pets, astronomy
- security, country home pages, cruises, foreign currencies, hotels, maps, airlines, timeshares, travel agents, travel planning, weather, rail travel, misc. travel info, airborne adventures
Obituaries of Honeywell employees
- H/AREA Volunteers, Canal Society of NJ, EPA Volunteering, The Prometheus Program, Honeywell Retiree Volunteer Program
- Ben's Guide, CIA, Commerce, Consumer Info, Consumer Protection,EPA, FBI, Federal Trade, Federal Statistics, FirstGov; Food & Drug, House, IRS, Library of Congress, NASA, NSA, NJ State Court System, Patent Office, Postal Service, Public Debt, SEC, Senate, Social Security, Supreme Court, USA.gov, White House
- State & Territorial Governments, U.S. Territories & Outlying Areas, State & Local Resources